Please excuse a dumb question, but I've done very little graphics programming and so far haven't found an answer in the docs or via Google.

I want to be able to save a bitmap representation of a form's client area, i.e. including status line at the bottom but excluding main menu and frame, to the clipboard in a format that can be read by e.g. Gimp, and also to bitmap files (.png etc. but not JPEG).

Can I do this directly from the form, do I have to group the controls into a panel to give me a single canvas, or do I have to work via a TImage?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, I'm developing on x86 Linux but if possible would like a generic solution.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk