Am 03.06.2010 15:28, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
For the record, can anybody give examples of how to find the version numbers and then get the appropriate one? My experience of svn is about limited to the co command, how do I look at the available tags?

Just open http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus in a webbrowser to see which paths (of stable versions/branches) exists.
but then you need to find the FPC version it can compile with - which
will probably be the save version used for 0.9.26.

A quick grep doesn't show this information in any files near the root of a source archive. Is there something else available via svn?

I know that somebody else tried asking a comparable question relating to FPC (Toan Pham on 26th May), so I don't think I'm the only person who doesn't understand this area.

In the top of ../branches/fixes_0_9_26/lcl/allunits.pp is a line "{$fatal Lazarus requires at least FPC 2.2.0}", but I think later versions will also do it.