On 6/20/2010 11:28 PM, John Meyer wrote:

Let's try this another way: This new site has just copied the FPC/Laz
site. I've asked that they remove this part because it bothers me.
Others have agreed. No one has yet to voice a different opinion. This
subject has come up before and had similar results bu no changes have
been made. I brought it up again because I don't think copying this part
of the existing sites is a good idea, especially for a
business/professional site.

Precisely (although technically they're not so much copying it as being a link farm). This site is not adding value. Look, I don't care that this site is trying to capitalize on what is a free and open source product; lots of successful support companies do this with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. What I do ask is that if you are going to be asking for money you show a little bit of original content. Post up an article or two of your own.

John, I was referring to the animated GIF of the cheetah only. You have generalized a specific thread branch which was focused on the animation only. If you want to comment on the new site overall, please reply to another message. Perhaps the original announcement?