On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 13:10, Paul Ishenin <i...@kmiac.ru> wrote:
> 29.07.2010 8:08, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>>
>> However, my question is -- is this yet another incompatible change
>> made without any warning? Or did I miss it?
>
> I wrote about this change here:
> http://lazarus-dev.blogspot.com/2010/02/work-on-0930-changes-in-resource.html

Hm, I admit that it is even written in bold red text. Still, I missed that.
I remember that .lrs removal was rather well executed -- you have even
specifically asked me to convert TAChart.
But this issue was much more "sneaky".

> The problem is that previosly we added to the project unit the next string
> (if resources were used):
>
> {$IFDEF WINDOWS}{$R projectname.rc}{$ENDIF}
>
> Now we add the next string instead:
> {$R *.res}

Hm, so should I take the patch from the bug report as is
(it just deletes $IFDEF line), or should I add $R line instead?
I have just verified that all projects compile fine without $R --
is it really needed?

> We can add the code to IDE to replace old resource directive with the new
> one but what to do if developer added it by intention?

IDE is already capable of messing up developer's changes to .lpr file,
so I do not think adding one more case will make it any worse.
Of course, the optimal plan would be to add specific diagnostics
for this error, and let developer fix it himself.

--
Alexander S. Klenin