Hi All,

I am trying to use RichMemo 1.0.0 from Lazarus Code and Component
Repository [1]. It installs in the "Common Controls" component tab and
it is badly broken!!!

If I attempt to add a new RichMemo to a form (at design time) then I get
an "Error moving component" error and the code for the RichMemo is NOT
created inside the form's unit. Note that the RichMemo does appear on
the form but it cannot be selected (except with the Object Inspector).

Error moving component
Error moving component RichMemo1:TRichMemo

Has anyone had any luck with this component?!? I assume that since it is
at version 1.0.0 and there is a sample project that someone must had
some success at some point with it.

The form1.lfm in the samples folder contains the follow field:

  LCLVersion = '0.9.27'

So that would indicate that version 1.0.0 of TRichMemo was developed
with this version of Lazarus. Does anyone know who worked/s on this
component??? (Dated 22 June 2009)

Would someone please have a look at it and see it they can make it
work??? ... as a new version, obviously. I would be happy to test the
next version of it. :-)))

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-ccr/files/

Sample new tform with TRichMemo added. Unit1.pas does NOT contain the
code for the creation of the TRichMemo nor the uses RichMemo statement.

object Form1: TForm1
  Left = 290
  Height = 300
  Top = 215
  Width = 400
  Caption = 'Form1'
  ClientHeight = 300
  ClientWidth = 400
  LCLVersion = '0.9.28.2'
  object RichMemo1: TRichMemo
    Left = 240
    Height = 90
    Top = 62
    Width = 150
    HideSelection = False
    Lines.Strings = (
      'RichMemo1'
    )
    TabOrder = 0
  end
end

Best Regards,
        PEW
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

--
Proudly developing Quality Cross Platform Open Source Games
Since 1970 with a Commodore PET 4016 with 16 KRAM