On 27/09/10 11:11, Michael Schnell wrote:
All this is completely independent of the file system used, as it
concerns a lower level than handled by the file system.

I'd consider disks which firmware can't handle power failure to be broken. Luckily this hasn't happened to me (yet, heh).

Any disk with on-disk cache is susceptible to data loss if write barriers aren't enabled (luckily they are enabled by default for ext4). Unfortunately all file systems don't have this feature, so the only way to be really safe is to have a battery backup.

Henry