On 12/29/2010 09:27, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
waldo kitty wrote:
On 12/29/2010 05:36, Peter E Williams wrote:
>> use the normal diff format for your patch.

This is the step I don't understand.

How do I use the normal diff format for my patch?

I am still waiting for an answer for how the diff command works.

have you never heard of a man page?? at your *nix command line, issue "man
diff" without the quotes... learn man, use man, love man ;)

Steady on chaps.

yes, i was not trying to be snarky or such when i wrote the above... i was simply trying to point the OP to man for finding out many of the basics of most all *nix commands/apps... there are some that do not have man pages but instead have info pages... some have both... i had hoped that my six word phrase at the end with the smiley following it would indicate humor and the intended good will...

you get a +10 on the rest of your reply because you went into more detail that i did not have time to go into before i had to leave for my 12 hour shift... GoodOnYa!<tm> and thank you ;)

@PEW: i do hope you did not take my comment as ugly or condescending in any way... i was not trying to portray that in any manner... i do apologize for my apparent terseness...