On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:12:46 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

Note though that if you are creating commercial apps with Qt, you need to purchase a license (+-3500 US dollars per developer - last time I checked).
fpGUI and MSEide are free, even for commercial apps.

That must have been over a year ago then I guess. Qt is licensed under LGPL, so you can freely use it even for commercial applications. That was also possible before then, but it was GPL so you had to offer all your source code too (depending on how you interpret the GPL terms, but that's even more offtopic now).

As for doing drawings, graphs etc as you mentioned - that is all possible with Qt-Embedded, fpGUI and MSEide. Just to be clear, the latter two can also be used for desktop apps, they are not limited to embedded devices.

I'm pretty sure that Qt-Embedded is a superset of Qt, so it should be possible to reuse the same code. The strong point of Qt-embedded is, that it *doesn't* use the X server but uses the framebuffer and implements an own windowing system. So you are pretty much independent from many other components. Also Qt-embedded (as does Qt) comes with lots of helper libraries (Networking etc.) that really give you a coherent framework for app development.

Best Regards,
Andreas