On 01/11/2011 03:23 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
That is strange. Most firewalls track the initial outgoing packets of
traffic, and allow return packets back in without problems. Maybe not
all firewalls are made equal. :-/

And no, SourceForge has very limited support for Git - rather annoying.

I did encounter this problem with other gits as well. In fact AFAIK, it's a well known problem that the pure git protocol nearly always is blocked with company firewalls, while http (which git servers can be enable to support) does of course work. Another option is using the git protocol via ssl. I did enable this for a git server that I am, allowed to do uploads to. It does work, but setting it up is rather complex.

Anyway, I created a new mirror repository of fpGUI Toolkit on Github.
There you can use the git:// or https:// protocols to clone. You can
even download the whole repository (or a Branch or a Tag) as a .zip or
.tar.gz archive file.

Great ! Thanks !

eg:
Run the following command...