On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 07:29 +0100, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> The separation of code and user interface definitions has advantages.

Huh? The code describing the UI is just that UI code. My businsess
objects and businesses rules are not located in Form units either. One
of Borlands bad design ideas with RAD - as far as I'm concerned.
Embedded business logic inside form units - something Delphi and Lazarus
IDE's promote.

> Graeme probably will encounter the limitations of his approach when he tries
> to implement more sophisticated RAD possibilities into fpGUI. Visual form
> inheritance and submodules (TFrame) come to mind for example.

I already support the "frame" idea without problems. I can even have
multiple forms in a single unit - something neither Delphi, Lazarus or
MSEide can do.

So there is [as usual] pros and cons for each design.

--
Regards,
 - Graeme -