On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:58 Thorstein Beyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

>>    Well... if they are "talented", then hopefully they knew from the
>> start how to separate non-GUI code from GUI code in the first place

> I strongly disagree with that, because many people might be seen as
> talented at some point in time, but they do not necessarily learn
> programming in school or at university.

> And the main point here is that you are required to have
> experiences which lead to a general overview, so you can take that
> decision whether you strictly seperate the data display from the rest...

> Thats why you give the least experienced user the best defaults, at least in
> my humble opinion.

The  default  already  is  a  usual  widgetset  (win32, gtk or carbon,
depending  on  the  underlying  OS). To use anything else, you have to
know  at  least  how  to  compile  it  which  in  turn  requires  some
understanding  of  the  LCL  - otherwise you run into some problems as
seen lately on this mailing list.

In  other words: I don't see your problem/point. NoGUI is currently an
*option* for people who know what they are doing. Everyone else has to
learn anyway.

--
Best Regards,
Andreas