On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 3:20 PM, leledumbo <leledumbo_c...@yahoo.co.id> wrote:
> Maybe for the programmer of the unit, but for the users, it's almost always a
> disadvantage. They will get unexpected behavior instead (especially if you
> put it along with other things in the unit where one might need some of
> them).

This "hack" is used in a company when I worked before. So, all
programmer did know about it. Nobody got unexpected behavior.

> Open LCL sources and see how its components are named.

There are no pattern in LCL sources. Some components have a prefix, some not...

> For your "advantage" case, I would give something like TColorEdit. Your
> proposal has
> an advantage of changing a component behavior just by changing the uses
> clause, that's also possible with the current situation. Example:
>
> uses
>  StdCtrls,ColorEdit;
>
> type
>  TEditCtrl = TEdit;
>
> ... // use TEditCtrl everywhere
>
> when you want to change to TColorEdit, just change TEditCtrl definition to
> TColorEdit. Same type-savings as your proposal.

You din't understand at all.
The TEdit class is already used in all sources. This hack provides a
big change with a few lines code. This hack is used in programs that
already exists. To new programs we use a new widget, of course (or not
=).

Marcos Douglas