Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

The only point I was trying to make is that on UNIX (and only on Unix) looking by default in the directory where the binary is, goes against long-standing unix practise and recommendations.

Depends on what you consider UNIX. I understand that ParamStr[0] may get into the way, when a process has no chance to find out where it resides on disk.

No unix tool does this. Not even when it is freshly (re)built from sources. And neither should Lazarus.

I claimed no more, no less.

I never said that Lazarus should *break* that convention.

I only want a chance for removing the *need* for the explicit specification of an pcp, on every Lazarus invocation. It won't break anything and requires only a few lines in source code, when the IDE searches for a config in the EXE directory, before starting the standard search.

DoDi