Hi Mattias,

On 04/05/2011 06:48 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
brian <br...@meadows.pair.com> hat am 5. April 2011 um 11:11 geschrieben:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I downloaded and installed the AMD 64 DEBs from Sourceforge, cleaned
 > off my 0.9.28 setup onto DVD and then installed v0.9.30 from scratch.
 > The process has been a bit fraught. :( This is all using Linux Mint 9,
 > which is a fork from Ubuntu.
 >
 > The first problem was that installing the DEBs gives a couple of
 > unresolved dependencies, basically the QT4 stuff. Don't use QT4, so I
 > can ignore that, Lazarus still started up OK after a apt-get -f, so no
 > worries there.

Perhaps you tried to install the

lcl-qt4-0.9.30_0.9.30-0_i386.deb

?

Unquestionably. As you know, the files on SourceForge unpack to 19 .debs (FreePascal) and 13 .debs (Lazarus) with no indication as to whether there's any particular order in which to install them. I just took the unsubtle approach, unpacked each into their own subdirectory and then ran a couple of "sudo dpkg -i *.deb", first on the FreePascal directory and then on the Lazarus directory, figuring that if there was any sensitivity as to the installation order, the second pass would probably fix it.

 > Next thing missing was one package, pack_powerpdf or something like
 > that, but I knew I'd seen that in the CCR, so no problems, download
 > and install that. Then there were a few file and directory permissions
 > to be changed.

Can you give some more details?

Maybe this can be added to the installation hints.

I'm afraid I didn't keep a note of them. I do remember that there was an x86_64-linux somewhere in the path, but that won't come as too much of a surprise to you. :) Since I'm the only user of this PC, I just said the hell with it, did a recursive chown on
/usr/lib/lazarus  and had no further problems.

The unit Exploreidemenu is an example package (examples/exploremenu).
It is not installed by default. Problably you had it installed in a
former version and the IDE tried to restore your old set of packages.

It's hard for me to prove a negative, but I really did take pains to remove the old version - I did an "apt-get purge" on both fpc and lazarus, and then did a search on both and removed anything else I could find.

The debian package maintainer has set all packages (lpk files) to
compile "manually", even those that the debian packages not provided
in compiled form (ppu files).

Either uninstall the package exploreidemenu or open the package and
compile it manually.

I will give that a try, thanks.

On Sourceforge are debs, rpms and zip. The zip contains only the sources.

Ah. I'd missed the zip file. Thanks for the pointer.

Brian.