On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 22:23, Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl> wrote:
> First consider if you are on the right track at all. The OP wanted EMF
> because of font problems with SVG etc.

Why do you think so? To quote OP:
>SVG would be cool with me but some people on windows would not know what to do
>with an SVG file.
>If it cannot be imported straight into office...

As you can see, his motivation has nothing to do with fonts.

>EMF will have the same issues.
> If you don't full font processing through the GDI, the resulting EMF will
> not look the same with GDI and without.

I have already implemented both SVG and WMF/EMF backends,
and EMF, as expected, represents exact copy of on-screen image
(on Windows only, of course).
AFAIK, EMF will not work without GDI at all, so I am not sure what you
are talking about.

--
Alexander S. Klenin