On 30/04/11 21:37, Geoffray Levasseur wrote:
Le dimanche 17 avril 2011 23:43:01, Malcolm Poole a écrit :
It is possible to embed a libvte terminal in a lazarus form when using
GTK and control it from the application, although I'm not sure if it's
possible to do everything that you want.

Pascal bindings for libvte and a test application can be found at
http://dargui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dargui/testvte/
I'm trying to use your VTE implementation (with the help of the demo app) and
I'm facing a problem that I can't understand: impossible to get the shell
working even if the VTE widget is appearing correctly and no errors happens
according to my log file.

Here is the source code for the application I'm trying to create (with svn):
svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/geofperspage/gppsvn/trunk/lfs-manager

Can someone take a look and tell me what can be wrong (I've checked everything
without success).

I'm not clear what you're trying to do, as I cannot load your project fully or compile it due to the absence of cmdbox, LCLBase and FCL packages on my system, but you need to remove line 206 " Terminal.Execute; " from fMain. Your GTKTerm should then work as a normal embedded shell.

The command 'Execute' is used when the terminal has been created with a command as parameter - see explanatory notes at line 41 of VTETerminal.pas

I'm not sure if it is possible to execute more than one command remotely on the same terminal - closer examination of the GTK VTETerminal documentation would probably provide this information.