On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 20/06/2011 13:45, Michael van Canneyt wrote:

No, please keep them in 'Run'. This is delphi compatible.

I agree with your first part. We are creatures of habit. Most of us know
exactly where the menu items are, due to years of Lazarus IDE usage.
Changing them in a major way will be very frustrating to all - with near
zero real benefits.

As for the "delphi compatible" comment....well, since when is Lazarus
IDE's goals to be Delphi compatible with the Delphi IDE? As far as I
know, _only the LCL_ falls under the "delphi compatible" goal. The
Lazarus IDE is not meant to be Delphi IDE compatible in any way.

No, but the user coming from Delphi (and this is by far the largest part)
will look there first.

But why not make a package that allows editing/customizing the menu ?

A much better idea indeed. Then each developer can tunes there menus to
there personal needs - the rest can leave it as is.

Exactly. There is no need to change for the sake of changing.

Michael.