On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 14:32, David M. Lawrence <d...@fuzzo.com> wrote:
> Was the 2nd-Y axis patch (No. 13832;
> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=13832) ever incorporated into the
> Lazarus/TAChart release?  I'm new to Lazarus and don't quite know how to
> interpret the bugtracker page.  I do know that I cannot find some of the
> changes mentioned in the patches -- such as for TAGraph -- in the latest
> version of TAGraph.

The changes were not taken literally. Instead, I have implemented more general
solution, allowing arbitrary number of axises with arbitrary transformations,
but at the cost of some additional complexity.

> I do scientific programming and am trying to update some of my older
> Delphi/Pascal programs.  I need the ability to independently set YMax and
> YMin values for both Y axes on climate diagrams (which plot both monthly
> precipitation and temperature data) on the same chart.  Precipitation data
> are plotted as bar graphs, temperature data are plotted by line series.  I
> can get all the data series plotted, but I cannot get the precip and temp
> data scaled properly.

If you are using 0.9.30 release, see "axis" demo.
If you are using trunk/snapshot, see "axistransf" demo.

--
Alexander S. Klenin