I saw that my reply posted from the web was not readable... :-(

So here it is again.

A simple

checklistbox1.enabled := false wouldnt do it.

Try this code :

procedure TForm1.CheckListBox1ItemClick(Sender: TObject; Index: integer);
begin
checklistbox1.Checked[index] := not checklistbox1.Checked[index] ;
end;

that _of_course_ wouldn't work. It's not the user changing the checkboxes... it's your code!

if you disable the checklistbox, that will only keep the users from being able to change the status of the single checkboxes. Moreover, why are you toggling the "checked" propery, in the onclick? It gets changes its state already...

Cheers, A.