On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 08/12/2011 11:16 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

So I can only conclude that 150 MB of RAM is not nearly a big deal =D
It could even fit on my phone!

The test project I used as an example is a new (and small project) we
started recently, and already Lazarus uses such a lot of memory. Loading
some of our much larger projects, the memory usage jumps considerably.

Irrespective of what device or hardware you have, it doesn't explain
away why Lazarus is such a memory hog compared to the same project
loaded in MSEide.

That depends. Does MSEIDE offer the same features ?

Are the MSEIDE Codetools on par with the Lazarus ones ?
(and not just the codetools you use, but the complete set of features)

Michael.