On 8/13/2011 3:11 PM, Vincent Snijders wrote:
2011/8/13 Curt Carpenter<1cjcarpen...@att.net>:
Forgive me for the intrusion, but I'm brand new to Lazarus and trying to
find the correct list to address with my questions.  Example:  What is the
"General widget set restrictions" tab in the object inspector window?

This is the right list.

The list here is clearly for the well-experienced and I don't want to
clutter -- but I'm not having any luck finding the right list and the
"forums" link on the Lazarus home page seems to be broken.

What link on what page?

A pointer would be much appreciated.
If you want a forum, try here:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?action=forum

Vincent

Thanks for the instantaneous reply! I will post my questions here when I can't find the answers on my own. (I'm a Delphi user since D1, but think it's time for me to abandon ship there.)

When I installed Lazarus yesterday (Windows XP box), the Lazarus directory included a shortcut to http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=index
When I use this link, I get a "Not Found" report from my Firefox browser.

Can you point me to an answer to "What is the "General widget set restrictions" tab in the object inspector window?" A pointer to the correct place in the docs would be most helpful, since I'm trying to learn how to use those as well, and
need the experience.

Thanks again!

Curt