On 14 August 2011 15:07, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> claims about a program. It might be the memory manager or heap
> fragmentation, not the program.

Then it's very strange that just Lazarus IDE is showing this behaviour
on my system. Other software and tools I have written can allocated
lots of memory, but when I free those objects, those "crude memory
values I spoke of" drop considerably.

Even MSEide shows this. Start the MSEide, memory usage is 8MB in Gnome
System Monitor. Load 400 units and memory jumps to 30MB. Switch
between a few tabs, compile the project, run the project. Then do File
-> Close All files. Memory usage in 'gnome-system-monitor' drops back
down to 7MB. Go figure.

So again, Lazarus IDE is doing something wrong!

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -