On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:04:34 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <drdiettri...@aol.com> wrote:

> Reading the TControlSizing.Size property does not return the written
> value, instead it increases it by Around.
>
> This will cause
>    cs.Size[side] := cs.Size[side];
> to increment the stored size by Around, for every invocation!
>
> Is this really intended behaviour???

Good grief. No.

> While GetSpace and SetSpace have equivalent names, GetSpace adds Around.
> GetSideSpace (called by GetSpace) returns the stored values instead.

GetSpace should be the counterpart of SetSpace.
Gladfully it was never documented, so probably no one used them except
the LCL. I swapped them and will add it to the release notes. Currently
the wiki server is very slow.

Thanks for pointing this out.

> Also:
>      procedure Change(InnerSpaceChanged: Boolean); virtual;
> ignores the argument. The method is virtual, of course, but where is it
> ever overridden?

Since the new autosize algorithm the parameter is no longer used
by the LCL.
As far as I know no one uses it at the moment. Of course this might
change, when we add the mechanism to implement your own layout engine.

Mattias