On 2011-10-21 10:31, Michael Schnell wrote:
> So with these projects you obviously are a "Unicode aware" programmer
> and don't qualify for the group of "office" programmers that (IMHO)

I don't have to think about anything special when working with Unicode
text. I simply use the string manipulation function as defined in the
fpGUI framework, and not the ones defined in FPC's RTL. The fpGUI
framework handles the rest for me.

I'm even considering renaming all the UTF8xxx string manipulation
functions in fpGUI to something like fpgXXXX  (eg: fpgCopy() or
fpgInsert()) because I really don't think the programmer needs to know
that fpGUI uses UTF-8 internally. If you use the string functions as
defined in fpGUI, your code will work.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/