On 2011-11-04 10:08, michael.vancann...@wisa.be wrote:

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 4 November 2011 09:17, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaert...@netcologne.de> wrote:
This is the explanation for using unitname.identifier, which worked
since many years.

I was just about to say the same thing.

Dotted unit name means dots in the unit name itself. For example
an.example.pas. I don't know a good example.

I don't see any use for it either. It seems to be one of those things
Borland introduced with or after Delphi 8 (aka Delphi for .NET).
Basically trying to copy features from .NET for no good reason. And we
all know how great an idea that was.

Weep, then, because as of Delphi XE2, they started using it a lot.

And, I believe, it will be usefull for JVM port.

Regards,
Žilvinas

Michael.