Am 28.02.2012 14:00, schrieb Michael Schnell:
On 02/28/2012 10:24 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
Am 28.02.2012 08:22, schrieb Michael Schnell:

In my projects I usually do something like "Type ByteString =
AnsiString" for a future migration :) .

type
TByteArray = array of Byte;

???

array of Byte <> AnsiString.

Yes, but you wrote this:

It would be better to have a type that 1:1 allows for all the well known
string operations, replacing "Character" by "Byte":

And I simply demonstrated that this is already possible in FPC today (with TByteArray being the replacement for AnsiString).

You can't do "+", there is not TByteArrayList, ...

Did you even look at my code? All the remarks you wrote in your last mail except "Pos" I had tackled in there. And writing a TByteArrayList shouldn't be that hard either...

Regards,
Sven