El 08/05/2012 10:02, Žilvinas Ledas escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> relevant recent news is that EU court ruled that APIs and programming
> languages are not copyrightable:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/story/12/05/02/229208/eu-court-rules-apis-programming-languages-not-copyrightable
>
> So at least in EU it is totally legal.

... so far.

There is a strong pressure on EU to sign ACTA.

In fact, many countries in EU have signed ACTA bilaterally

http://mashable.com/2012/01/27/22-eu-countries-ratify-acta-key-parliament-member-calls-it-a-charade/

It still must be ratified by EU parliament, but...

The game is, "We, Commission,  will ask you, EU Parliament, to ratify
it. If you don't, we will ask you again in a few months. If you don't,
we will ask you again in a few months. If you don't, we will ask you

--
Regards

Santiago A.
s...@ciberpiula.net