Hi,

I recently submitted a patch to TOpenGLControl to add AlphaBits, DepthBits and StencilBits properties, see http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22170 . The patch is already applied to Lazarus SVN, thanks to Juha Manninen :)

In the comments, there is a question about AuxBuffers and ColorBits. Indeed, I agree they would be useful. I personally don't have a need for them now, so I will not prepare a patch for them (at least not right now), but I would be glad to test the patch if somebody else does.

I created a wiki page with a bunch of links and information, that may be helpful for anyone wanting to add AuxBuffers, ColorBits or similar properties to TOpenGLControl. It's here:

  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Extending_TOpenGLControl

I hope this is helpful :) I can't add a comment to the bug report on http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22170 , so I'm posting the info here and on wiki.

I am relatively knowledgeable about OpenGL (you can google for my Castle Game Engine using FPC :) and interested in keeping TOpenGLControl in good shape, so you're welcome to ask me for details, and I'm very willing to test related patches (on Linux and Windows) :)

Regards,
Michalis