Hi All.

Assuming that I'm modifying an application which
- will run on Win32 and WinCE (handheld device) (X-compilation, 2 targets)
- all string variables have previously been defined as String;
- WinCE (5.?) is UNICODE

Just to make sure that I'm on the right way, do you see someting wrong in the following sentences:

- all components using text (TLabel, TButton, TEdit, etc) use WideStrings
- I need to convert (using conditional code) from string to WideString when compiling for WinCE, like

Example:
function ShowSomething(const Msg: string): Boolean; <<<-------- unchanged function definition
var
{$IFDEF WINCE}
  wStr: WideString;
{$ELSE}
  wStr: String;
{$ENDIF}
begin
  result := False;
{$IFDEF WINCE}
  wStr := UnicodeString(msg);
{$ELSE}
  wStr := msg;
{$ENDIF}
  ALabel.Caption := wStr;
// I know, the Caption could be assigned immediately instead of passing through a variable
// this is just an example
  Result := True
end;

Thanks for your remarks