Le 13/09/2012 11:19, Bernd a écrit :
2012/9/13 Antonio Fortuny <a.fort...@sitasoftware.lu>:

CmdLine.Text := '/bin/sh -c ''ps -s | grep something'' '

Now you additionally asume that:
* there exists /bin/sh (recent linux distros begin to move all that
into /usr/bin/)
* there exists ps and grep in your path
Well, yes. To be more precise, the library into which I'm currently working is always running into a classic Linux server like Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Debian, etc. No embbedded linux at all (and it is not a target for my programs and libraries) So yes, we assume that the programs are always facing a full Linux server. BTW, we have the same approach where the Windows servers are concerned.

In the above exmple ther is what it is; just an example. In the real world we are working in a less trivial way.

Antonio.