I made a Lazarus package for creating Debian packages from Lazarus projects:

* Create binary (.deb) Package
  - optionally signed with gpg key

* Create Debian source package
  - optionally signed
  - optionally upload to Launchpad PPA for automatic building and publishing.

Screenshots, source code  and short explanation here:
http://prof7bit.github.com/lazdebian/

Now we can start flooding the Ubuntu ecosystem with high quality
Lazarus Applications with only a few clicks of the mouse.

The package is 95% complete already, works with simple projects out of
the box with default settings, only need to fix some small remaining
problems, maybe one day it would qualify for inclusion in the packages
that ship with Lazarus by default (for this I still need a proper
solution to my other question (version info), maybe a newly
implemented macro that returns the version number)?

Bernd