On 10/25/2012 01:30 PM, Bernd wrote:
. If it does not work then it is worth to provide patches to make it work
Yep.

I only think that if it does not work, it's more likely that a patch for the LCL is necessary than for lnet. In fact CallAsyncQueue and PostMessage did not work with the KDE WidgetType (but did work in Windows) until some years ago I filed a bug report and someone kindly did a patch. (That is why I offered m<y testing program to check the CE Widget Set.)

(the author of lnet is very responsive), IMHO lnet is such a nice
little piece of code (at least the really *small* networking core, the
few essential units that make up all the eventer and socket mechanism)
it really deserves to be supported by all widgetsets and deserves more
attention.

Yep.

Some years ago, with Delphi I used to use AsyncPro (that can do Sockets and ComPorts and provides a common high-Level encapsulation (providing said main thread events) for both.

Is there an lnet variant for ComPorts as well ? Here and in other forums I often see the same questions we just discussed also regarding ComPorts.

Obviously the eventing mechanism can be implemented identically for any type of Byte-stream.

-Michael