I was not able to find the deb files. How do you download them? When I did
a search for "lazarus install on debian", I got a list of installation
instructions for everything except Debian -- and directions for doing a
source checkout and build.

BTW, I missed the part about needing to configure fpc and fpc-packages
before doing the make. After an apt-get install fpc, make appears to be
running just fine in the lazarus directory. Now to figure out how to start
it up...

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Chavoux Luyt <chav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Howard
>
> On 8 November 2012 21:26, Howard Lee Harkness <
> howard.lee.harkn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm a relative n00b at Linux admin stuff, but I'd really like to be able
>> to run Lazarus on the Debian system I've just inherited at my new contract.
>>
>> I have done a checkout of the Lazarus svn repository per the instructions
>> in http://wiki.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus. But when I execute "make"
>> in the lazarus directory, I just get a bunch of error messages.
>>
> Do you have a specific reason why you want to install Lazarus from source
> (svn)? In general I find it easier in Debian to download the .deb files and
> install from there. Normally these will also ensure that the prerequisite
> packages (e.g. fpc) are also installed.
>
> HTH
> Chavoux
>

> --