Op 20-11-12 15:15, Reinier Olislagers schreef:

Maybe that's because I installed the 64-bit Firebird drivers ?
No. I've got both 32 bit and 64 bit Firebird ODBC drivers here.

(Wwhen I use FPC with FB I generally use the SQLDB interbae/Firebird
driver - but I can confirm both x86 and x64 Firebird ODBC drivers work
here e.g. using Access)

When I use Firebird, I use the native drivers. It was only a testcase to see if ODBC works. But why a user DSN works and a system DSN does not is a problem. Did you try that with Access ?

Also Pervasive can't install 32-bit ODBC drivers.

Well, I'll have to get a 32bit machine somehow (more exact :
Windows-license for the machine).
- Why would that help with Pervasive if it can only run 64 bit ODBC
drivers anyway?

Pervasive does not install 32 bit on 64bit. 32 bit on 32 bit is no problem.

- Apparently on some Win7 editions, you can run a VM for x86 Win XP
(Virtual XP mode), which may work for you.

That would be a problem I think. I'm running Win7 as a VM on a linux host.

Regards,

Koenraad Lelong