This is a "heads up" for anybody looking at Wheezy, particularly on non-x86 systems.

Lazarus on the SPARC port is badly broken, in ways that I don't see on older versions of Debian (Etch, Lenny). I don't think this is anything to do with Debian's adoption of multi-arch, instead there's something fundamentally broken with their X implementation.

I'm pretty sure that this is not an FPC/Lazarus problem. I mention it not because I'm complaining, but because there's a possibility that other platforms could be affected: for example PPC or MIPS if it's an endianness issue, or some ARMs if it's something to do with alignment.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk