Am 05.12.2012 05:30, schrieb Martin Schreiber:
Am 04.12.2012 06:59, schrieb Felipe Ferreira da Silva:
I would like to propose and discuss about a new graphical user interface
for the next major releases. Nowadays, most of the RAD tools use a
docked interface(MonoDevelop, Delphi, VS), and in some cases they are
stylish(like the recent Visual Studio versions). I think that a
better-looking IDE would not just make the programming task more
pleasant, but also could attract more people to Pascal.

May I recommend a third solution than fully docked/undocked? MSEide has a menu item 'View'-'Panels'-'New Panel' which creates a new empty dock container where tool windows and other panels can be placed. So one can create groups of windows which can be layered or tabbed, please see the screenshots on Sourceforge.
Is the restoring of tabbed (docked) windows in AnchorDocking working already?

Otherwise this might indeed be an interesting idea...

Regards,
Sven