> Why not Kubuntu then ? I've been using it for many years now, no problems.

Not a KDE4 fan. It just doesn't fit my workflow, is sluggish, and basic
things are too hard to accomplish.

Anyway, as a host OS goes, I think I found my ultimate favourite -
FreeBSD. Rock solid system, super easy to setup, fantastic
documentation, the ports system is great and couldn't be easier to use.
And unlike Linux, they don't re-implement most existing technology every
couple of months. The FreeBSD guys are way more consistent, and rather
improve and evolve the existing technologies, which gives fantastic
backwards compatibility. eg: How many sound servers has Linux already
had? How many file systems? How many directory layouts? How many distros
exist? All slightly different to the next. I have a commercial mail
server running on a separate FreeBSD 9.1 system. The mail server
software was a binary release that was compiled for FreeBSD 8, years
ago. The installation, documentation and binaries are still compatible
with FreeBSD 9.1

Anyway, enough about my OS choices.

Regards,
  - Graeme -