On 04/03/13 11:28, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
On 4-3-2013 12:21, appjaws wrote:
On 02/03/13 17:21, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
On 2-3-2013 17:41, appjaws wrote:
Any ideas on the built in help, I'm using linux with lazarus 1.0.6 and
fpc 2.6.0
<snip>
Finally, built in help is a nice aid: with your cursor on TMemo, press
F1 and you'll see properties and methods that are available.

   I don't think my built in help is working, F1 does nothing.
   How do I enable built in help?

Well, did you read the wiki article I posted the link for? What happened?

Help is installed in Install/Uninstall Packaged ChmHelpPkg 0.1 is on the
installed side.  However, F1 is not working, when I look at Tools,
Options, Key Mapping, Help menu commands, Context sensitive help [F1] is
shown but F1 does not do anything so I tried to change the key using the
edit button but the new key was not displayed alongside the entry (Where
[F1] was) and the new key did not work.
Perhaps it's not the key mapping that's wrong?....

The next entry 'Edit context sensitive help [Ctrl+Shift+F1] does work.
So I am baffled as to what to try next.

... Try reading the next section & checking the settings & chm files are
okay instead of just the part about the key mappings.

Thank you for the reply,
I have followed the 'installing_Help_in_the_IDE document and F1 still does not work.
/usr/share/lazarus/1.06  is where the components docs etc are installed.
/usr/lib64/fpc/2.6.0 is where pascal is installed/
HelpEXE :- /usr/share/lazarus/1.0.6/components/chmhelp/lhelp/lhelp
HelpFilesPath :- /usr/share/lazarus/1.0.6/docs/chm/
fpc docs :- /usr/share/doc/fp-docs/$(FPCVER)

As far as I can tell everything seems to be in the correct place and referenced correctly.

Any other ideas?
regards
Paul
--
---This message has been sent using Thunderbird on kubuntu---