Hi

On 7 March 2013 15:20, Graeme Geldenhuys <gra...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2013-03-07 12:33, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> While fpc officially does support Cross compiling, it is no especially
>> easy to get it working (see the appropriate Wiki articles)
>

> All it takes is a bit of practice with the installation.
>
> Alternatively, use CodeTyphon
> [http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/codetyphon]. CodeTyphon is
> a repackaged FPC & Lazarus with lots of cross-compiling options all
> built-in, plus every component you could ever wish for. It is like the
> "Studio version" of Lazarus. :) Quite impressive actually.
Thanks Graeme, I'll have a look.

>> Lazarus uses gdb for debugging. If you don't use an OS (such as Linux)
>> on the target, you can't use the GNU created gdb "receiver" (either gdb
>> or gdbserver).
>
> You could also debug using a debugserver and the dbugintf unit included
> with FPC. Making it communicate over TCP shouldn't be too hard, and is
> on my todo list. FPC includes a rudimentary console debug server, and
> LCL and fpGUI versions also exist, which are much better.
Or use a well-placed oscilloscope. ;-)
I have done a few embedded projects in the past (using C/assembler)
where that was my only debugging tool...
not so much fun for a programmer, but a good learning experience.
Unfortunately, I don't have my own oscilloscope (they are really
expensive), but I hope one of the engineers will have one.

Cheers
Chavoux