Yes, that is what i mean with "topmost" type: if you look at the
inheritance as a tree, TInterfacedObject is the topmost (or root, if you
think of it as an upside-down tree) of the type hierarchy. In this code

  type
    IBlah = interface ... end;
    TBlah = class(TInterfacedObject, IBlah) ... end;

TBlah is an IBlah, so i'd expect it to behave like IBlah.