On 04/05/2013 02:02 PM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:37 AM, zeljko <zel...@holobit.net
<mailto:zel...@holobit.net>> wrote:

    On 04/05/2013 01:04 PM, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

        Dear All ,

        Previously I have sent the following message :

http://lists.lazarus.__freepascal.org/pipermail/__lazarus/2013-March/079951.html

<http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2013-March/079951.html>

        A help is really appreciated very much .

        Thank you very much .

    Find gtkrc file and set caret to blinking. It's by default set to
    false from some gtk2 version on some distributions.

    z.

I have searched "gtkrc" in Fedora 17 . There are a large number of
"gtkrc" files associated with applications .

In FPC sources , there are gtkrc.pp , and gtkrc.inc , but not gtkrc .
Also in Lazarus and fpc  there is no gtkrc file .

Which file I should try to modify without breaking the other gtkrc
related applications ?

Or , if I copy a gtkrc file to a known directory and modify it , can it
be used in that way ?

But if caret works in lazarus ide editor then it's not because of gtk2 theme config. Afair I've fixed caret blinking > 2 yrs ago in gtk2 (overrides theme) so it blinks always.