On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Michael Schnell wrote:

On 04/24/2013 01:34 AM, silvioprog wrote:

In FPC 2.7.1+ you've the Queue method, but it doesn't exists in FPC 2.6.2. So, what you uses instead it? The Synchronize method does not works in this case.

I'm implementing a small unit with some interfaces to use of sockets with TCP/IP protocol easily, and I need to set compatibility with stable FPC too. The temporary repository of it is: https://bitbucket.org/silvioprog/tcpipcomp

I am very happy that the Delphi compatible and platform independent TThread.Queue() finally is supported by fpc/Lazarus.

OTOH since a long time we do have QueueAsyncCall() which does the same job, is more versatile (as it can pass parameters)m is platform independent (but does not exist in Delphi).

By contrast it works only in lazarus GUI programs, and is useless e.g. for
daemons.

Michael.