On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Edilson Vieira
<vieira.edil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/5/15 Michael Schnell <mschn...@lumino.de>
>>
>> On 05/14/2013 04:50 PM, Howard Page-Clark wrote:
>>>

>>> Or create a Lazarus GUI app and implement Form1's OnCreate handler thus:
>>>
>> Not all Targets an application might be intended to run on do provide a
>> (supported) GUI API.
>

> In the case I described it should be really a console App because there is
> no need of user interaction. So if I need to make a GUI App it would be
> waste of resource on the server.
>
> I really do not understand why I can not make a console App that uses the
> Graphics unit because in Delphi there is no problem on that.

The "waste" is probably negligible in most situations, since using CGI
is a waste in itself (not to mention running Windows).
Using Graphics in Delphi will incur (cause) the same kind of overhead
as using LCL/Interfaces in a Lazarus app.
(If you compile a Delphi application with no VCL dependencies you'll
notice the big difference in executable size)

> (...)

-Flávio