On 1-6-2013 11:06, Eric Kom wrote:
> On 01/06/2013 10:27, Zaher Dirkey wrote:
>> 1 - First i hate forking projects it wast the efforts, split the team,
>> while other team can work together with first one (i am not mentioning
>> who give the reason for that splitting)
>>
>> 2 - PilotLogic, just feeling, they have plan to make it commercial (i
>> don't know if it can be), but from here i smell the money :P
> the project is not even GPL or other open source licenses.
> They don't do it for science, just for money:
> http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/wiki/84-wiki/codetyphon-studio/72-codetyphon-about

>From that page:
"This Project is licensed as: Freeware."
also, as mentioned before, the IDE is GPL so it doesn't matter what they
put on their site, it will remain GPL.
I suspect they don't mention licenses because there are too many for the
IDE, FPC, LCL, the various components they use, and their own glue
code/installer code (GPL, modified LGPL, probably MPL etc).
Finally: nothing in the (L)GPL prohibits you from selling the product,
as long as you provide the source. In practice this mainly boils down to
subscription/maintenance payments.

Regarding the forking: Zaher, I'd agree in principle with you, however I
don't suspect the PilotLogic guy/(guys?) are currently Lazarus devs. If
they want to improve the IDE, we can all benefit due to the GPL.