On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 01:09:39PM +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 30/06/13 23:33, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> >
> > Such coding style is asking for trouble :-(

> Hardly, but maybe our advanced applications and coding has moved past
> your level of knowledge of the language.

No, abusing non documented features is not advanced programming nor
advanced applications. On the contrary.

> That doesn't make us wrong or "asking for trouble".

Then when you got into trouble, your testsuite revealed this problem
immediately?  Since if you didn't even know you were on thin ice, it is more
a sign that this belonged into the "accidentally happened to work and I
didn't even know it was wrong" rather than "a high level of knowledge of the
language" :-)