On 13-7-2013 2:38, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Elsewhere, somebody's posted this:
>
> "But we already own Delphi XE2. My understanding is that Lazarus is
> still clunky compared with Delf at basic IDE-and-forms stuff; Lazarus
> doesn't support key familiar libraries that we rely on to slap together
> the basic elements (Jedi, Virtual Treeview, <cough> Quickreport...), so
> Laz's connectivity to MySQL doesn't really enter into the equation."
>
> Can anybody comment on the extent to which this is still fair comment,
> so that I can feed *accurate* facts back?

I wouldn't say Laz is clunky at IDE and forms stuff.... but that's a
feeling, not a fact (as is the opposite contention).

As for the "basic elements".... well, if those people (PHBs?) want to
believe that, they're welcome to it. The fact that they're connecting to
the horror that is MySQL says enough </sarcasm>

As leledumbo said, virtualtreeview has been converted, so have various
Jedi units, and Lazreport offers reporting services. Yes, it might be
different but it is cross platform and in constant development.

If they don't want to use Lazarus based on feelings instead of
evaluating the alternatives themselves, that's their problem (... but I
have the feeling it's being made your problem :( )