On 08/01/2013 07:48 AM, Richard Mace wrote:
I am needing to add the ability to my Lazarus application to copy files to a linux server. Assuming that my application will be run on Windows, what's the best way of copying files to and from a Linux box?
Ignoring the Subject I's just recommend a file sharing protocol such as CIFS.

But if you need to use SSH, I do know how this might work (i.e. you need to start (e.g.) "cp" on the target via SSH), but I don't know any pascal code that uses SSH.

I've heard that the pgp command in putty might work, but I was just wondering if there was a component for Lazarus that would make things easier?

Putty in fact can do ssh. AFAIK, ssh uses pgp as it's encryption algorithm.

-Michael