So I've got a program that saves a graphic image, and I copied chunks of it from http://wiki.freepascal.org/fcl-image because I'm new at this. However, whenever I draw text, it comes out in black, and I wish to be able to change the colour. I've hunted online and through the source code, and nothing seems to work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

  Image := TFPMemoryImage.Create (1025,513);
  Image.UsePalette := FALSE;
  Canvas := TFPImageCanvas.Create (Image);
  FontMgr.SearchPath:='/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/';
  AFont := TFreeTypeFont.Create;

    Canvas.brush.FPCOlor := colWhite;
    Canvas.pen.FPColor := colWhite;
    Canvas.Font := aFont;