On 13-08-07 03:03 PM, waldo kitty wrote:

possibly that but the different name probably was more of the culprit... you didn't say that you had renamed it in the dll path, though... but then, what else would break if it was renamed? as i suggested before, i think you need, in code, to determine what OS you are running on and then attempt to load the dll with the proper name for that OS... apparently it has one name on *nix and another on winwhatever ;)

But I did not have to rename zlib1, though I did have to copy it into thew same directory as my executable. Aside from which, I don't need to load a DLL in Linux at all, but an .so file, and the compiler handles that for me.