On 18/09/13 20:32, Martin wrote:
On 18/09/2013 18:11, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 2013-09-18 16:54, Sven Barth wrote:
According to
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.2.0_release_notes#IDE_Changes
current 1.1 versions support attaching to a running process. Never used
it yet though.

OK thanks. I found it under the Run menu but couldn't get it to work. In
the mean time I'm continuing to use DDD to achieve what I want - but
obviously I would much prefer to do the debugging in Lazarus IDE (more
familiar ground to me).
What went wrong?

I tried to attach to an external process (Ubuntu 11.04) and (Ooops) the debugger entered the error state; Attach failed. This happens whether the process is a Lazarus compiled app or other.

Lazarus 1.3 r42849 FPC 2.6.3 i386-linux-gtk 2

I am not sure if Graeme has the same symptoms or not.

Stephano